Monday, November 06, 2023

Go West.

It's hot today. But sometimes it's also cold. Story of my life. I can't function when it's hot and I can't function when it's cold. These mixed signals make me sweat then feel cold and I suddenly get stomachache. I feel the need to hit the bathroom and poop. I am working from home today, right now at a cafe called 30 North that my sister-in-law raves about. She is obsessed with their coffee. My wife's family are all obsessed with coffee, but they all drink coffee with milk. I am an Americano type of guy so really I never notice the difference between one cafe and another. I am sitting outside, and it's hot, and when I complain about hot weather then it's really really hot! I am also wearing shorts and a T-shirt, just Crocs, so I couldn't get more comfortable. If I was wearing a shirt or a suit I would have been drenched in sweat here. 

There are two old ladies sitting right next to me. By old I mean at least 15 years older than me. One of them is using a MacBook and the other is using one of those reversable portable tablets. In the past those with Apple MacBooks were either the graphic designers, Gen-Z, high school students, etc. so it's not very common to see older generations using MacBooks. I am actually proud. 

Speaking of Apple, I converted to Android in early 2018 and it has been fantastic ever since. I don't think I can ever use an iPhone again. I have to admit that FaceTime is cool. BOTIM, the FaceTime app of Android is not cool at all. The waiter just got my Americano and she is not interested at all. I think I told her 'Merci' more than 3 times, thanking her and also igniting a response but she didn't even respond. She is just chewing gum and walking in slow motion. Not very common for waiters, especially in modern cafes like this. 

Ok, the coffee absolutely sucks, and that's coming from someone who likes everything. It tastes worse than normal coffee! It's OK, I miss sitting and working in cafes. On my laptop with my headphones on and typing; people probably think I am a Creative Director or something given my dress code, but they don't know I am actually blogging and waiting to join a work call. Moreover, I am waiting for my car service as I decided to take it for a clean swipe. I remember before getting married, I used to take my car to get cleaned/washed inside out every week. It was part of my routine. How things change with kids. I do need to take care of my car more often, though. 

Stay brave. Be Kind. Make happy moments. Till we speak again. X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics