Thursday, November 02, 2023

I've faced the fathoms in your deep...Withstood the suitors quiet siege.

I need to write in the morning, the moment I set foot in the office, when there is no one here, no distractions, no gossip, and more importantly, before eating. I just had my breakfast (lunch) at 2pm. I am following a specific diet now that involves a pre-workout snack in the morning at 6am, usually two rice cakes with a spoonful of peanut butter and Healthy Spread (an Egyptian healthy replica of Nutella). I have my 2nd snack at 9am, a protein shake and a protein bar. My first meal of the day is between 1 and 2pm, which is usually a couple of egg sandwiches with salad, and my last meal is when I go home (between 5 and 7pm), which contains salad and protein. 

I write best on an empty stomach. I work out best on an empty stomach. I talk best on an empty stomach. Some people can't function without food, or wouldn't be able to hit the gym without having a big meal a few hours before. Just proof of how we are all different. 

I remember Basem Magdy, my old friend from school, who was an impeccable English writer. He definitely spoke the best English and wrote the best, too (amongst us guys). He once asked a girl from our class out and she told him, 'Basem, we are not the same,' and he automatically replied by showing her his hand, and telling her, 'Jessie, look at your fingers, they are not the same.' It was the first time I heard this phrase, and I remember clapping back then, as a sign of my approval. He was such a smart kid. I am sure he still is. 

We are all different. I keep noticing everyone lately and I guess the more we get older the more we realise the drastic changes between us and others.

Stay true to who you really are. Be kind, and spread positivity. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics