Sunday, October 29, 2023

I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt.

Choices. The choices you make. The life you want to live. The road you want to take. These are all choices that you have to make for yourself. No one can do it for you. People can come into your life, guide you, tell you, try to intercept, but they will always come to you from a position of their own; their lives, and their choices, their way of thinking and their life experiences. 

I am now living a different life than how I used to live two years ago. I care about things I didn't really care about five years ago. I stopped doing things I used to live by. I changed, not to 'your' better, but to the 'better' of my perspective. To the better of my plethora of experiences. To the better version of the way I see myself, not the way that you see me. 

People will always judge you according to the way they view the world, and they will compare you to others who are in the same position that you are in or to your old version of yourself; both scenarios have nothing to do with today's version of you, and that's why, it will always be an unfair comparison. It will always portray you as different, inadequate, not the same, etc. 

If you're happy, then block those voices. Ignore the criticism. Keep going. Make sure you're happy. Make sure you're healthy. Make sure you're compassionate and loving, and make sure you are not hurting anyone, physically, or emotionally with that change. If someone is unhappy you changed, that's not them being hurt, that's them being drama queens, and they should help themselves. It's not your job to help people or make them understand why you are changing. If no one is on board with what you're trying to do, or who you are trying to be, then that's OK. 

As Oasis said, 'Today is gonna be the day that they are gonna throw it back to you, and by now, you should've somehow realised what you gotta do.'

You are your own Wonderwall. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics