Sunday, October 15, 2023

C U When U Get There.

Ten days since my last blogpost but I have a very valid reason for this. After I drafted my last post, 10 days ago, I started off my weekend as a happy man, then halfway through it, I got to know that I had an important work task waiting for me when I set foot in the office, on Sunday. From the moment I entered the office last week, I was working day and night on that task, until I finally finished it on Thursday morning. To be honest, I could have blogged on Thursday itself, but I felt that I deserved a 'screen-break'. 

Here I am, it's the beginning of a new week, and I have the office by myself. I love empty offices and I love coming to the office knowing that I will be the first in my team to come. We have flexible working hours, but I am always the first to come in. It feels good to start the day way before everyone else. 

I just finished Steven Bartlett's book, The Diary of a CEO, and it was an absolute treasure, to the extent that I messaged a couple of my friends who are 'entrepreneurs' to tell them that they must listen to it (or read it). Steven is one of the guys that when I listen to, I am all in. There are so many people out there who are great speakers, but Steven is one guy I wish I could talk like. It feels that he has the power to keep on going, full force, non-stop for hours, keeping the same level of engagement and an excellent tone of voice, and he just doesn't need to stop/pause or take a break. You can never get bored of him. I did, however, get bored several times during his podcast, which goes by the same name, The Diary of a CEO, but it was usually because his guest wasn't as entertaining as him, or due to the topic - being out of interest, but listening to him reading out his book was pure gold. I was about to download his first book, Happy Sexy Millionaire, today, and listen to it, but instead, I opted for The Almanack of Naval Ravikant, which has been screaming out my name to download it for a while now. Let's see what the hype is about. 

Again, reitrating my love for Audible; 5 books finished in less than 3 months, that's a new book every 2 weeks. I am so happy about my progress really. If I kept the same pace, that would mean completing 20 books in one year. I never read that amount of books in one year. There were books that I finished in one day, but the habit of continuously reading every day was never there, especially with so many things going on in my life. That's why Audible solved the solution, by linking driving and listening to books. Thank you once again, James Clear and BJ Fogg. 

Last week, my wife and I, completed 9 years together. Angie hates my driving and the fact that I never use Google Maps, unless, I really, really have to. She always instructs me to do things 'properly' and we still argue about irrational things, but she is still the woman I fell in love with and if time goes back I wouldn't change a thing - except, maybe, listening to her earlier. 💗

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics