Monday, September 18, 2023

I wanna play a game...

 I have been binge-watching all the SAW movies lately just in anticipation of the new movie coming out at the end of this month. I was a big fan of SAW when it first came out and I remember going to watch SAW 2 and really liked it, however, I never watched except the first two films. Now, after watching 3, 4, and 5 and I am almost done with 6, I really have no explanation why I haven't watched the rest all of those years - especially since I really liked the first two movies and the concept behind it. 

But when I look back at my life, there are similar situations that I have no explanation for. When Lord of the Rings came out, my friends and I were obsessed. We went to the first show in the movies and had our tickets booked in advance, and kept talking a whole year about it, waiting for the 2nd part, and again the same hype happened. When Return of the King (part 3 and the final one) came out, I didn't watch it. I can't remember if I was travelling, or depressed, for not going to watch it. Going to the cinema has always been one of my life's joys. I love going to the cinema, and I love going to the movies alone, so why not that specific movie? I don't know. My friends call me the calendar because they claim I have a solid memory (it has gotten worse with age), but yes I do remember things, however, that part of my memory is totally blacked out. I don't remember why I didn't watch LOTR 3. And guess what? To this day, I didn't watch it. At first, it was more of a, 'how long will I resist,' but it's been so long. After we got married, Angie told me we would do a one-day marathon of watching all three movies. It never happened, despite that my wife and I spent many days at home, watching anything and everything. During COVID, my wife made me watch LOST - all seasons. We spent months watching it (and I LOVED IT), but I mean, we had the time to do so, all 6 seasons, 121 episodes, but, we never sat for 9 hours to watch the LOTR Trilogy, even though my wife is a HUGE fan. What's weirder is that I even watched The Hobbit film series, all three of them, and I have yet to watch Return of the King. 

When will the day come? When will I watch it? Will I do a one-day marathon by myself or with Angie?

Time will only tell. For now, it's all about SAW. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics