Sunday, September 17, 2023

Shazam!

I get amused easily. I get inspired easily too. If I like something I will become a serial advocate. I bought a Kindle in 2015 and it changed my life. It helped me read more and for years I was walking around with it, talking about it and convincing people to buy it. I may not use Kindle much now (at all really) but I am still a Kindle advocate. 

I downloaded Shazam ages ago and thought it was cool if you want to find out the name of a song off the radio, but I rarely used it. Before, and even now, if I don't have the phone in hand and hear a song I like, I will try to memorise a few words/lines and then whenever I am on my phone/computer, I will go to Google and write what I remember from the song, and on most times it would direct me to the song. However, there are two instances in which Shazam really helped me and I don't think I would have ever found out the name of the song without it. 

The first time was back in August 2019. My wife and I went to Almaza Bay to spend a couple of nights - it was our first getaway without our kid at the time (he was 11 months old). We were having dinner by the beach at this amazing place and I heard this song...A song that transcended that moment and took me to places, far away! I automatically opened Shazam to find out the name of the song, and voila, 'Johnny & Marry' by Todd Terje. It was a very mellow version of the original song, with the same name, by Robert Palmer. If it wasn't for Shazam, I would have Googled the lyrics to find out the original version, which is a totally different tempo/beat from this one, the one I had listened to on that amazing night. 

The second incident, happened yesterday, at the gym during my F45 class (I will definitely blog about F45) at some point and how it has been the best thing that happened to me in sports & fitness since my BootCamp days in 2012/2013. So, there is this song that puts me in the zone when it gets played and makes me want to go full-on and do maximum effort during cardio days. I thought, until yesterday, the song goes, 'Ooooh some days...' but because I am in class and running around, I never went to grab my phone to Shazam it, and never Googled it either. So anyway, yesterday, during class, the song came on, and I decided to get my phone and Shazam it, and it turned out to be called 'Sunny Days' - and again, an extended version of it. I just Googled now, 'oooh some days song' and couldn't find it - this put a smile on my face, that if it wasn't for Shazam, I would have never known. 

Thank you, Shazam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics