Tuesday, September 26, 2023

In a world of magnets and miracles.

The Division Bell.

Pink Floyd's 14th album studio album, and to me, their last album produced (I've never listened to The Endless River) will always stand out in my mind and life. The album was released in 1994 and my brother who was obsessed with Pink Floyd (and still is), was listening to it all the time. It was my first introduction to Pink Floyd, the band - without Roger Waters. I remember my brother owning different versions of the cassette and CD collection, then buying Pulse the live album, which was the talk of the entire world at the time. The album cover had a little bulb - yes a small bulb that kept blinking red light. I think it never stopped blinking for years. Even though Pink Floyd has been constant throughout my entire life this album will always be the first I list, and even though I first listened to it in 1994, it always reminds me of the 96/97 school year, as I was starting my IGCSE's and I used to constantly listen to this album while studying. The winter back then was way colder than the winter now. Days were shorter and nights were longer. I am getting goosebumps now while writing this because I keep remembering how cold it was. What Do You Want From Me, Marooned, Lost for Words and High Hopes are the songs I keep remembering. I don't think there is an album that reminds me of winter as much as this one. 

So just in case you're wondering (I hope no one is watching), I didn't write on Thursday as I had a full day outside the office, and yesterday, had a full day of meetings. After I finished meetings yesterday, I thought for a moment to stay in the office and write, but I wanted to beat the traffic and go home early. I think that the 'writing' habit is now in place and hopefully will be here for good, so it's ok if I miss the odd day here and there...the truth is, I am writing more than I ever was, and this is good because I am happy.

I am thinking of creating a website. Like having a domain www.WithMyName.com and linking this blog to it. It will need a total revamp, but then I can group blogposts by topic/interest or year. Or maybe I will just keep this blog as is. I don't know, and I won't really put much effort into it. 

The world needs more kindness. Have a lovely day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics