Monday, October 30, 2023

I saw the morning...it was shattered by a gun.

One doesn't value health unless they fall ill. We all need nudges every now and then to realise the blessings of our lives. Today, while working out at F45, and when I thought I was actually 'killing it', I got a cramp in my left calf. Excruciating pain, all of a sudden, pain that I am used to, and accustomed to. All my life I got cramps, from running, playing football, squash, you name it. The moment I got the cramp, I stopped and couldn't jump or press hard on my foot anymore. Six hours passed and I am still in pain. I walk with a limp, carrying my left leg like a mop. We need to appreciate the fortunes we are given; simple fortunes just like health, just like being able to walk properly, without pain - this is the true blessing of life.

My wife has been in tears every day since the situation in Palestine unfolded. Almost one month now and she is watching videos and crying. I am trying to avoid watching anything but when I come across a video, on LinkedIn, which is the only social media tool I use, it breaks my heart. As humans, we worry too much about fickle things; would this person like me, or would my boss promote me, or what car should I buy, etc. and we keep forgetting that there are others out there, in another country, living in conditions that no person would survive. 

We were taught to always look at those who are not privileged like us, and not to those who own more and live a lavish life. We should always be thankful to God and never compare ourselves to others. I feel sorry for the children who lost their parents and for the parents who lost their children. I really wish we could all live under one peaceful sun. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics