Sunday, November 05, 2023

This side or the other.

I am a huge fan of Ben Affleck. Like really. I think he is one of the most underrated actors/writers/directors out there. I think The Town is one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen. It's beyond extraordinary. I can't remember how many times I've watched it, and every time I do, I still get goosebumps at the same scenes. Maybe it's because the whole movie is shot and revolves around Boston - a place I've never been to, but has always been fascinated about. The simple storyline. Jeremy Renner, one of my favourite actors, is in it too. The movie has AMAZING written all over it, from start to finish. 

I need to shave my beard. I go to the barber every week to shave my head and beard. If I skip a week, I get agitated as I can't stand too much hair on my face. It makes me cranky. Going for a haircut is part of my 'Me Time' routine, which puts me in the mood, energises me and automatically spikes my happiness levels. 

I finished listening to Happy Sexy Millionaire by Steven Bartlett last Thursday, and as usual, Steven never disappoints. I enjoyed both his books more than I enjoyed his podcast. Maybe because he interviews other people on his podcast that I may not relate to, but when he speaks, solo, is what I relate to the most. This guy is a decade younger than me. When I started my career, he was still 10 years old, but man, he has accomplished so much. I am not talking about wealth and fame, but the level of knowledge and wisdom he has attained is incredible. I've always believed that younger generations can teach us a lot, and this is a living example of it. 

There is one thing I've realised though, is that most people I've been listening to lately, are all agnostic/atheist. Yes, it has become a massive trend in the last few years, people leaving religion, or in other words, freeing themselves from certain ties, and start questioning everything around them, who go on and attain so much knowledge. I am a devout Muslim myself, and religion is very important in my life. I could actually go on and say that religion is everything to me. It's not 'just' very important; it is, the MOST important aspect of my life. Without religion, I would not be who I am. In the past, I would have probably refused to listen to what non-believers have to say, but now, as long as what they say, doesn't interfere with my religion, then I test it out. What I love about Steven is that he doesn't go and bash religion, on the contrary, he talks about how religion played and probably still plays a significant role in his life, despite him being an atheist (according to his first book) and agnostic (according to his second book). But, what I am trying to understand here, is why several people like Steven Bartlett, Naval Ravikant, Tim Ferris (I've always felt he is not religious, but maybe I am wrong), and tons of others who have helped people (millions of people) through their books, talks, advice, have all steered away from religion. I do understand how people would not include religion in their talk(s) while helping others or trying to promote a certain way of thinking - that is understood, but what baffles me is that they kinda link their 'breakthrough' revelations as to when they stopped practising their religion. Maybe I am overthinking it, but it's food for thought. Let's see what my future books will bring. 

In just a little over three months, I've listened to seven books. I am really happy with my progress and the fact that I had never accomplished such a feat in my previous reading life (whether paperback books or Kindle) is a personal achievement I am proud of. 

Cherish every moment. Be the person you've always wanted to be. Don't waste time. Be kind. Never judge. Always smile. Do your best. Don't just try, but do. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics