Friday, January 07, 2011

Dad, Where Are You?

I can't call you on the phone. I can't knock on your door. When I do there is no answer. No matter how loud I scream you can't respond. If I ever have children, they will never know you; how funny you were, how generous you were, how there was nothing that could stop you from giving us everything we needed and wanted. You won't be there to walk your daughter down the aisle. You won't be there to watch football with your sons. You won't be there to witness your grand daughters growing up and getting chased by boys. You won't be there to comfort us as life push us down. You won't be there to plan our future. You won't be there when Egypt gets a new President. You won't be there tomorrow or the days after. I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. I thought of you today, but this is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and your picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake from which I'll never part. God Has you in His Arms, I have you in my heart.

Today we all mourn one year since you left this world. We were all there praying for you. It was beautiful. We felt your presence. We always do wherever we are whenever we go.

I love you Pappy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

allah yer7amo. begad he was a great man... u were lucky to have such a man as ur dad :)

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:02:00 AM  
Blogger Zeek said...

Ameen.

Elhamdolelah, we were all blessed to have him. :)

Thank you :))

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry aboout ur dad shero, i would have loved to meet him after ur speech..tc ur old friend(female) from Leb

Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Zeek said...

Thank you for the nice words. I'm sure he would have enjoyed meeting you too :)

Yes of course I know who you are; I was just commenting on your previous comment and I asked you if you're my friend in Lebanon. :)

Email me it will be easier: sherif_zaki@hotmail.com

Really, so good to hear from you. Hamdolelah.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Allah yer7amo ya Sherif. He must have been very proud to have you as his son. I know I would be. May God give you and your family the strength and unity to grow together and hold his memory dear.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger Zeek said...

Ameen. I really hope so :)

Many thanks for your thoughts, Sukie. You are the best, seriously. :)

Saturday, March 26, 2011 3:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics